Nov 16, 2010

My book cover images

Today I realized that I have been engaging in risky criminal behavior lately — copyright infringement.  And all for this blog!  For my first couple posts, I just went into Google images and did a quick browse for the title.  As a librarian, I should know that I can’t just right-click and do a “Save Image As” because that’s illegal.  Luckily, I found this article about LibraryThing giving away their cover images before the copyright soldiers tracked me down and arrested me.

So, thank you, LibraryThing!  And, readers, you should also send LibraryThing a thank you e-mail because the alternative was taking pictures of the covers myself, and you don’t even want to know what my trial pictures looked like.  Flash or no flash?  Indoors?  What if it’s raining?  Will a piece of construction paper make a suitable “background”?  Whatever, I took a photo class during my undergrad but apparently I absorbed the information like a sieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment