Apr 10, 2011

I'm still alive!

I just want everyone to know that I have neither dropped off the face of the earth nor stopped reading.  I just got a new job (no, not in a library) and that has been keeping me pretty busy; but mostly I've just been dabbling in non-blog-worthy reading.

Examples 1 and 2: I am a huge science nerd, or at least I try to be.  Michio Kaku is always on the History Channel or the Science Channel, and I like to pretend I'm smart enough to read his books, a theory I have recently dismissed on the grounds that it has taken me over 2 months to get through two of his most basic books -- Physics of the Impossible and Physics of the Future. Anybody interested in hearing about those, read the Amazon reviews because after 2 months with them, I still don't understand them well enough to blog about them.

Examples 3 and 4: The remainder of The Hunger Games trilogy.  I've been finishing up the second two of Suzanne Collins's series, and while I usually reserve this blog for only the first of a series, I can't help but say I was a little disappointed in the second two.  They were good, but not fantastic.  Maybe my expectations were just too high after the first book, but the second two read more like screenplays than novels.  I guess that's fine, though, because THE FIRST MOVIE IS COMING OUT IN 2012!  I am beyond excited.  Anybody who has read these books knows that they are perfect for movie-making, and I hope they pull off a good adaptation.  So go out and read it before the movie comes out!

Anyway, I'm going to start reading more blog-worthy (i.e. non-science/things I can actually understand) books, and this blog will continue on its way, as if this 2-month absence never even happened.  Now, seriously, go read The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment